- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup sweetener (maple syrup erythritol, or lakanto, please see notes if using a granulated sweetener*)
- 6 Tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 cup avocado oil MCT oil or olive oil - see notes!
- 6 pastured eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- cup optional add ins: 1/2 sugar-free dark chocolate chips 1/2 cup dried cherries (chopped) and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts., or make your own chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350*F.
Mix ingredients together in a bowl. I start with mixing dry ingredients together and then adding in oil and eggs. but you can mix together however you like. (You can mix in optional chocolate chips or add in some dried fruits or chopped nuts. The chocolate chips do get "melty" in the muffins when warm, but do firm up into bits of chocolate when chilled.)
Line a muffin pan with muffin liner/papers (I use these muffins liners) and then spoon batter into muffin cups.
Bake at 350*F for 20 to 23 minutes, or until baked all the way through. You can test with a toothpick to confirm muffins are done.
Recipe as written will be perfectly moist if a liquid sweetener is used like maple syrup or honey. IF using a dry granulated sweetener like eyrthritol, lakanto, maple sugar, or coconut sugar add in 1/4 cup of coconut milk (full fat) + 1/4 cup additional oil to make the muffins nice and moist.